Democratic education turns traditional ideas about schooling on its head.
We believe in giving children:
- Freedom to direct their own learning
- Responsibility for themselves and their community
- Trust in their own judgment
- Equality – equal rights and an equal say
- Democracy – a school governed for and by itself
“Children who are allowed to make their own choices, in an environment where they have real choices and where those choices pertain to real life, learn far more, far more efficiently.” – Peter Gray
Come along to our information meeting to find out more about our vision for a new democratic self-directed school in Margate.